Oggl is a new photo sharing experience powered by the popular Hipstamatic camera, films and lenses. It refer to it self as “A Community Of Creative People Capturing & Curating Their Lives Through Photography” and was recently launched. Here are my first thoughts and experiences:
What I love:
– The “Shoot With This” feature, that allows you to
copy the lens and film settings from other users uploaded pictures.
– The look and feel of the app. Oggl has wisely copied the very
cool design of Hipåstamatic – Looking good!
– The editing feature -This is something I, and probably others, have been missing in the
Hipstamatic app. With Oggl you can switch between lenses and films
after taking the picture.
– All the different lenses and films ( worth the 9,99$ to me)
What I miss:
– The possibility to upload pictures from your camera roll.
– Being able to share the same picture twice to Twitter. I accidentally spelled something
wrong the first time I shared the picture, and there was no way of sharing it twice, not even after editing the picture.
– An easier way to search for friends, I can’t see any way to search for friends from Facebook or Twitter yet.
– More settings – I’m missing an option to adjust my profile photo and the possibility to turn of the auto-save to the camera roll
– More ways of interacting, you can currently not comment on pictures (you can @mention in your capture title, but I cannot see any commenting features yet, nor do you get notifications when people follow you, like or curate your photos.
Nice to know:
– Currently only for iphone
– Free to use, but you can become a member (9,99$ annually) to get access to more films, filters, support the development and skip ads.
– Currently by invitation only, request an invitation in the app or on Oggl.com. (In my case the invitation came less than 24 hours after I requested it)
Are you on Oggl? My user name is @Mariannemixi if you want to look me up🙂